Yield: 4-6 Servings Prep time: 15 min Cook time: 4 hours
1. Wash, trim and cut the kale. Don’t use the stems as they can be hard to chew.
2. I like to pour about 2 tablespoons of olive oil onto my kale and mix it with some sea salt. I then place it in a zip log bag and let it sit throughout the night. You can mix in the cabbage as well or it can be added fresh before you want to serve it.
3. On the next day take out your kale and cabbage and add an apple to your salad.
4. Combine the remaining olive oil, tahini, lemon juice, sesame seeds, salt and pepper in a jar and shake it up.
5. Pour it over your salad and enjoy!
P.s. You can add nuts, avocado or a great piece of salmon to your salad for some extra omega 3.
4- 5 cups of raw kale, washed and trimmed
1 pink lady apple, cut into slices
1 cup of raw red cabbage, thinly sliced
4 tablespoons of olive or avocado oil
3 tablespoons of tahini
1 lemon (fresh juice of it)
1 teaspoon sesame seeds
Pepper and sea salt for seasoning
This salad takes a little bit of time but is very worth waiting.