Yield: 12 servings Prep time: 30 min Total time: 12 hours
For the berry jam:
3 cups frozen berry mix
1 cup fresh blueberries
1/2 cup fresh raspberries
½ cup fresh lemon juice
⅓ cup maple syrup
For the crust:
2 boxes Leibniz cookies
1 ½ sticks grass-fed butter, softened and cut into ½ inch cubes
For the cheesecake:
2 packs, 16 oz of cream cheese (optional to use vegan cream cheese)
1 can sweetened condensed milk
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
In a medium saucepan add your frozen berries, fresh blueberries, and raspberries.
2. Stir in the maple syrup, and lemon juice and let it cook on medium heat, covered with a lid, for about 10 min. Until the berries have popped open, the sauce started to thicken.
3. For the Leibniz cookie crust. You can use two different options here.
Option #1 - you can add your cookies into a food processor and pulse until you have fine crumbs. Then adding the Butter and pulse until it has combined
smoothly with the crumbs.
Option #2 - put the cookies into a zip log bag and smash with a pan or a dough roller until you have fine crumbs.
Add the softened butter and mix with your hands until the butter is completely
4. Pat the crumb mixture into a 9x13 inch baking dish, making sure you have
a ½ inch border on each side.
5. Mix the softened cream cheese, condensed milk, lemon juice and vanilla extract
in a stand mixer and mix for about 3-4 min
until you have a smooth mixture.
6. Pour the cream cheese mixture onto the cookie crust, and even it out with a spatula.
Then pour the cooled down berry jam on top and swirl in with a fork or a knife. That way
the jam can reach a deeper layer of the cream cheese mixture.
7. Refrigerate for 6-8 hours, then slice and serve!