Yield: 4 servings Prep time: 20 min
2 tablespoons Olive or Avocado oil
6 cloves of garlic, sliced
½ cup chicken broth
4 chicken legs
1 yellow onion
2 cups of green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 cup frozen peas
1 teaspoon of sea salt
½ teaspoon of pepper
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
½ lemon, sliced for decoration
1 tablespoon fresh mint
1. Turn on your oven to 180 degrees.
2. Turn on your stove top and heat the Olive oil in a medium-sized cast iron pan on medium heat. Once your pan is hot, add the garlic and cook for 20-30 seconds.
3. Meanwhile, sprinkle your chicken legs with salt and pepper and add to the pan, cook both sides 4-5 min until crispy brown.
4. Take out the chicken and put it into a separate pan to transfer to the oven for 10 min.
5. Add the onion to cast iron pan and cook until translucent.
6. Add the chicken broth. Let it come to a simmer.
7. Now you can add the green beans and frozen peas to your pan.
8. Season with salt and pepper and the lemon juice.
9. Take out the chicken and add back into your vegetables and let it simmer for another 5 min.
Chop the mint, sprinkle on top and drizzle some lemon before serving.